Tyler in The Big Apple.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The angel who steals surrealist's dreams.

That was an experimental movie title I found online, super weird, razors cutting eyeballs weird. I’m beginning to have a good time. In order to stay productive I made up a schedule for myself. It makes me feel like an artist who works 9-5. However, it really only takes me about 4-5 hours to make my quota of photographs for the day(600-700). I got into Manhattan (@11.30am) today and felt this great urge, something I haven’t felt in a long time. It is extremely frustrating trying to shoot my animations while dodging 50 people at once. I did not bring a map today to encourage discovering new places. I found out that travel time is where I lose most of my time, but I think in the next two weeks I will be able to incorporate that into my concept.


I found a protest asking for health care instead of polluted air right by the 9/11 sight. I haven’t seen any protests before, but this was the one you see in the movies. “WHAT DO WE WANT,” the leader shouts in a megaphone, which the protesters reply, “HEALTH CARE.” - “When do we want it?” - “NOW!!!”
They were also chanting in a different language, and I’m going to go out on a limb and say it was Spanish.


Union Square

When I finished walking around Wall Street, I caught a train to Union Square. By that time I was so tired of walking around, so I sat down and wrote in my journal/sketched.

Things are finally going good for the struggling artist who can never seem to have things go right for him. Its not that they are going good, I am finally seeing life optomisticly. I think that this will build my personality. Make me a better person who can easily problem solve and deal with life as it comes at me.

I am predicting that there are a very select few reading this, and if there is anything you want me to get for you, email me as soon as you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home