Tyler in The Big Apple.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Grand Central Post

Here it is folks; my New York trips are cyclical. Today I think I had the best and the worst day of my life in New York. First we start off with a rainy day, and another day off from shooting. But today was the day I met with Astrisk, for an informational session, the first on my list of 10. It went really well, and I defiantly learned something. -> Make a film to gain experience. Show it to introduce yourself into the social network.

After this I had a chat with Kristine, in regards to my living situation. She suggested that I get out of here without giving Jermayne a cent, but I could not do that, it was not a possibility. So, after about 4 hours of stressing out about this, which was the most stress I have been under in a LONG time. I came home to make the money exchange with Jermayne and it went well. I have talked to Ryan’s, girlfriend’s friend, and requested to leave the option of sleeping there for the next couple weeks, and she sounded ok with that, so I have the option of getting out of here, if another worst case scenario happens.

So after I delt with business, I went to go meet with my new friend Darryl - the filmmaker who went to Paris. I showed him my work, and he enjoyed it. He is a teacher at NYU, so his opinion really held value for me. He is teaching a class in experimental film production, which is right up my alley. Here is the best part; he INVITED ME to show and tell for his class tomorrow, which I felt was a very generous offer. I am so excited to see the work in this class, who knows maybe it, will inspire GREAT things. So excited!!!

I talked to Kraftnation on the telephone, great convo, very positive. Mainly catching up. Made me feel happy again! As much as my situation sucks right now, I am in a state of bliss in this very moment.

Sure, I Know it is not as a great of story with a highlight of sitting in piss,(if you know me im sure I told you about my best and worst day in New York last year). This day was twice as good, and twice as bad as the day in New York last year. If you haven’t heard the story please request.

Cheers to New York, I am FINALLY seeing the land of opportunity!








1 Comments:

At 3:21 AM, Blogger oseph said...

land of oppurtunity is where ever you want it to be ty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home